Back to home page
Notice to Boscastle residents and businesses
Objective one Funding
success for Boscastle gives green light to regeneration plans
Latest River work news
River works restarting Monday with work on gauging station
Boscastle Regeneration Steering Group
15 September 2004
North Cornwall District Council has written to a range of organisations
(listed below) asking them to join a Steering Group to start planning for the
renewal and regeneration of Boscastle. The idea is to co-ordinate the work of
these various agencies and also to tap into any funding that might be
It is of prime importance that local residents are involved and consulted
on this and that everyone knows what is going on. The first meeting of this
group will take place on 24 September at the NCDC council offices in
Wadebridge. We will arrange for a report of the meeting to be posted on
notice boards around the village, on this site
(see links below) or go to the NCDC website (www.ncdc.gov.uk).
Please let us know if there are other ways you would like us to publicise
what is going on so that we can ensure that no-one is left out of the loop.
Proposals for boscastle regeneration steering group
1. To bring together all the organisations and agencies who can
contribute to the regeneration of
2. To oversee the preparation and implementation of a regeneration plan for
conjunction with the local community.
1. To help identify the issues which need to be addressed.
2. To develop a co-ordinated approach to the preparation of a regeneration
3. To ensure the full involvement of the local community in the process
leading to the completion of
4. To ensure the powers and resources of all the relevant agencies are used
effectively to deliver the regeneration plan.
5. To ensure that all sources of funding can be approached on the basis of a
credible plan which
carries the weight of all the relevant agencies.
1. Forrabury and Minster Parish Council
3. Cornwall County Council
4. Government Office for the South West
5. South West RDA
6. South West Tourism
7. Business Link
8. Environment Agency
9. South West Water
10. National Trust
11. English Heritage
12. Objective 1 Office
13. Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Economic Forum
Preliminary List of Issues.
1. Regeneration of the business community
2. Future marketing
3. Renewal of the public realm
4. Future of the car park
5. Future provision of visitor facilities
6. Flood alleviation
7. Sewage treatment scheme
Back to top